Primavera City Tips: What you can do right now to stay safe
In the face of increasingly widespread fears of a COVID-19 pandemic, what steps can a person take right now to stop the infection? Read Primavera City’s effective guide based on official sources.
To date, public health officials have announced tens of thousands of cases of COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the new coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2.
How to stay safe where you live
“Based on the information received so far, and on our experience with other coronaviruses, COVID-19 appears to spread mostly through respiratory droplets (when a sick person coughs, for instance) and close contact,” a WHO spokesperson told Medical News Today.
In light of that information, the spokesperson said, the WHO recommends precautionary actions to reduce vulnerability to droplets.
- When day-to-day activities, people can take the following steps to limit infection, following WHO guidelines:
- Clean the hands regularly with an alcohol-based sanitizer, or wash them with soap and water. The CDC also makes this advice, recommending that sanitizer should carry “at least 60% alcohol” and that people should wash their hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean surfaces — such as kitchen sets and work desks — frequently with disinfectant.
- Avoid crowded places when going out, for people above 60 years old and people with any underlying health issues.
- Try to avoid close contact with individuals who exhibits flu-like symptoms, including coughing and sneezing.
- Get reliable information about COVID-19. Some good sources include the Pan American Health Organization and WHO websites.
—————————————–STAY SAFE KAGAY-ANOS————————————–